Week 5 of the NFL Regular season ended in spectacular fashion on Monday night with a Geno Smith-led come-from-behind win for the Jets over the Falcons. Elsewhere, Bruce Irvin returned to the Seahawks and Adam Jones helped to seal a win for the Bengals. Here are the stats for Mountaineers in NFL action from Week 5 with videos.
- Geno Smith went 16 of 20 passing for 199 yards and 3 INTs for the Jets over the Falcons on Monday night to go along with a 147.7 quarterback rating. He was only the second rookie quarterback to go on the road and secure a win on Monday Night Football in it’s 44-year history. For more on Smith’s big game click here. Jets beat the Falcons 30-28.
- Ellis Lankster had 1 tackle in that game.
- Adam Pacman Jones had a huge interception on a Tom Brady pass at the Bengals 3-yard line with 16 seconds left in the game. You can watch that play here. He also had 3 tackles. The Bengals won 13-6.
- Bruce Irvin returned from a 4-game suspension to start the year for the Seahawks. He started at outside linebacker and had 1 sack on Andrew Luck of the Colts. He finished the game with 3 tackles. For more on his return, click here.
- Ryan Mundy expanded on his Giants’ team-leading tackles with 15 (10 solo) against the Eagles. While that is great individually for Mundy, the fact that a safety is the team’s leading tackler does not bode well for the still winless Giants.
- Najee Goode had 1 tackle for the Eagles against the Giants.
- Don Barclay started at RT for the Packers in their inter-division win over the Lions.
Felt great to get a division win at home today! Keep it up fans #packnation
— Don Barclay (@Barclay_64) October 6, 2013
- Darius Reynaud had 2 kick returns for 48 yards and 3 punt returns for 18 in the Titans loss to the Chiefs.
- Tavon Austin had 3 catches for 32 yards for the Rams as they beat the Jaguars 34-20. He also had his longest gain of the year on a 25-yard catch and run and 4 punt returns for 15 yards.